Formation, expansion, employment and human resources, intellectual property—a business faces legal hurdles from day one. We will help you clear the hurdles so you can focus on growing your business.
Services for Small Businesses
- Entity formation
- Corporate governance and compliance, including shareholder and board actions, annual meetings, and state filings
- Contract review, drafting, and negotiation
- Contract dispute resolution
- Partner dispute resolution
- Trademark and copyright registration and protection
- Real estate contracts and transactions, including leases
- Employment practices and procedures, including hiring and human resources
- Employee handbook
- Payroll practices, policies, and procedures
- Harassment policy and training
- General employment consultations
In practice, a non profit is essentially a business. In order to qualify as a non profit, however, the business is subject to federal and state legal and regulatory requirements. At the federal level, non profits are governed by IRS requirements and regulations. At the state level, they are governed by state laws and fundraising regulations. Watchdog agencies and accrediting organizations also influence operations and regulatory requirements for non profits.
We can help you identify the various sources of governance standards for your non profit and help you comply with legal requirements so you can focus on your mission.
Services for Non Profits
- Corporate governance standards
- Advise the Board of Directors regarding oversight
- Investment policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy